Review: Sin Rodeos (No Filter) at the Spanish Film Festival

<p>“A film trying to lift your chin up and unmask the filter, Sin Rodeos will warm your internet heart”</p>

No Filter

Film: Sin Rodeos
Director: Santiago Segura

“A film trying to lift your chin up and unmask the filter, Sin Rodeos will warm your internet heart”

What would you say to people if all you could say was “unfiltered”—unabashed, unapologetic, and sometimes, just mean? But, it is so good to let things off your chest, you feel free?

You are not alone.

Paz, a woman in her late 30s, is using every ounce of energy in her body to keep it together. Ignored by her boyfriend, who calls drawing random lines art, his son who sends her dick pics, a cat obsessed sister and a gym friend who doesn’t listen to her, Paz is on the verge of losing it.

To top it all, she has a 20-year-old Instagrammer as her new boss to teach her marketing strategies. Someone who puts every second of their lives “live” is the last person Paz needs.

Sin Rodeos is an anti-technology comedy of frustration that drives anxiety stricken Paz to seek help from an Indian guru, which turns a timid Paz to a badass, in-your-face Paz.

Slightly over an hour, it is a story which tugs your heart gently and funnily, both at once. It reminds you how beautiful it can be to be real in a world full of filters, instagram and othersiwe.

In a hurry to fix her internet, which is the root cause of why her friends do not have time for her, or the fact that she has been demoted at work, Paz ends up fixing much more—herself.

From an old neighbour who likes to party hard at 4 a.m, to an ex boyfriend who is trapped in a toxic relationship, yet still texts at midnights, Sin Rodeos welcomes you to Paz’s life with ample spice.

If you are tired of fake smiling in front of a person and rolling eyes after the person has left and seek to know the truth on how to keep it real, Paz is your girl.

Sin Rodeos is playing at the at the Spanish Film Festival.