Review: Frank Woodley

<p>He really is a modern day silent movie star in the way he can make you laugh without saying a word.</p>

I have been the biggest fan of Frank Woodley for as long as I can remember. I watched The Adventures of Lano and Woodley so much as a child that I can now recite each episode word for word. They are the reason that I wanted to be a comedian, so it comes as no surprise that when Lano and Woodley split up, I was beyond devastated. To be honest, I probably still haven’t recovered but I am happy to report that Frank Woodley is just as funny on his own.

His portrayal of an anxious, scatterbrained fool did take the audience a while to warm to. The show wasn’t always laugh out loud but it was still enjoyable and I was thoroughly entertained the whole way through. The best thing about him is that he commits 100 per cent to his idea and he always follows through. You can really see how hard he works and I don’t mean that as a bad thing. He never once turned on the audience if a joke fell flat. He just powered through until he got a laugh.

Of course, you can’t write a review about Frank Woodley without mentioning his amazing physical comedy skills. He really is a modern day silent movie star in the way he can make you laugh without saying a word.

I would highly recommend this show to absolutely anyone. It may appear manic and chaotic but he is absolutely mesmerising.

Frank Woodley’s Extra Ordinary is running for the rest of the festival at the Town Hall.