A List of Life Facts That I Learnt11 May 2017
CONTENT WARNINGS: TERMINAL ILLNESS, SEXUAL ASSAULT, MENTIONS OF RAPE
1. Presidents Ford and Reagan both had Golden Retrievers as pets. This puts me in the same category as them, minus the fact that I am not a president.
2. Two out of five young women (aged 18 – 30) who physically meet up with someone they met online will experience crimes such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, date rape and murder.
3. I did not tell my mother that I would be meeting X (who I met online) and I don’t intend to.
4. Golden Retrievers make great secret keepers. This is due to the fact that they do not speak human language.
5. I regretted not telling my mother that I met up with X.
6. My mother turned sixty-five on 25 March. Breast cancer is the most common cancer for women in Australia and it is most prevalent in the 65 – 69 age group.
7. Golden Retrievers make great therapy dogs. They also behave well at funerals.
8. Golden Retrievers can get cancer. The Golden Retriever Club of Victoria (GRCV) identified cancer as the cause of death in 61.4 per cent of their dogs.