Flash Fiction Seven: Galaxies and Outer Space

<p>Close your eyes and accept the tug. Crunch the numbers and you’ll be safe. But the tangible dangers of collision aren’t what I distrust. It is the stasis of what it lacks that makes me uneasy. It will always be an eerie pull that I can only see in my messy calculations, only existing inside my head.</p>

ALL THE FAR REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE THAT FIT IN 100 WORDS AND UNDER

THE BEACH

The spark of your touch, your lips:
Gold and silver dots,
Splayed on the canvas of time,
Igniting my chest.

The spell of your touch, your eyes:
Infinite depths of blue,
Kinder than a forgotten sun,
Drowning my soul in waves.

BY NICHOLAS SUJECKI

mv^2/r

Locked in an orbit. Gave up control. I need to trust gravity.

It has no mind of its own. No intentions beyond its automatic pull.

Close your eyes and accept the tug. Crunch the numbers and you’ll be safe. But the tangible dangers of collision aren’t what I distrust. It is the stasis of what it lacks that makes me uneasy. It will always be an eerie pull that I can only see in my messy calculations, only existing inside my head.

I perceive myself to be in orbit.

BY GLADYS QIN

HOW UNFAIR

Your mind wanders around the universe, each day hopping on different planets of ideas and dreams. Yesterday you explored a satellite. Today you trounce those three-eyed creatures. Perhaps tomorrow you will be reveling other universes you discover.

On the other side, the entire time my mind only land on a star. Captivated. That one single dot of glitter of magic is not the brightest, but the most beautiful; it sparkles an authentic shimmer which light will endure the longest. My mind is inexplicably entangled in that wondrous star which is formulated by both disheveled and enigmatic compositions. You.

BY AURELIA TASHA HANDOKO

A point
and another point

They clash
they change path
they miss each other
they put on different coats
They look back
and see
You
and me

You,
one of the points passing by
As time goes by
the old me
decomposed in the universe

I look back
and see
no one
nothing

Many many
points and points
wandering
Meeting is only an incident
still wandering

Missing is a false interpretation
of passing by

BY BLAKE TANG

A NIGHT WITH THE STARS IN DUNSTAN RESERVE

The cow jumped over the moon and said, “Fuck the rabbit.” Her name was Jessica* and there were two rabbits: Ashley* and the Easter Bunny*. There is the oldest star in the world, in the whole universe, in the desert in WA and the cow with her two rabbits are going there to collect stardust, leaving Monica*, the turtle to make Faragglow on her own.

BY B-TEAM

SEND US YOUR TINY WORDS: EDITION SIX’S PROMPT IS ENDINGS.

Send your 100-word-and-under ends of the end of the end to editors@farragomagazine.com 

*All names have been changed for privacy reasons.