Top Five Songs of the Melbourne Reputation Tour

<p>When Taylor Swift wowed a sold out crowd at Marvel Stadium, bringing her Reputation Tour to Melbourne, there definitely wasn&#8217;t a song the crowd didn&#8217;t enjoy. But if we had to narrow it down, here are our top five songs of the Melbourne Reputation Tour. 1. Ready For It Taylor made her entrance on stage, [&hellip;]</p>

When Taylor Swift wowed a sold out crowd at Marvel Stadium, bringing her Reputation Tour to Melbourne, there definitely wasn’t a song the crowd didn’t enjoy. But if we had to narrow it down, here are our top five songs of the Melbourne Reputation Tour.

1. Ready For It

Taylor made her entrance on stage, emerging from a cloud of smoke revealing her silhouette. The first words uttered by Taylor Swift during her concert were “Are you ready for it?”. And I don’t think the crowd was. Her incredible stage presence was evident from the moment she stepped out onto the stage, with the pyrotechnics, strobe lights and on screen projections adding to the pure extraness of her opening song.

2. Gorgeous

Just before the song began, Taylor introduced her dancers to the crowd. Each woman was introduced individually, showing off their favourite dance moves and wowing the crowd. It was an absolute breath of fresh air to see such a diverse group of dancers. And they are, of course, Gorgeous. The song itself is fantastic, and a favourite from the Reputation album, but what makes the live version even better is her connection to amazing girl gang of dancers by her side.

3. Delicate

As Taylor reemerges in a sparkly dress, she is standing on the stage alone with a spotlight. She gives a beautiful speech about not letting people’s negative perceptions of you influence who you are or how you perceive yourself. It is obvious that she speaks from experience, reminding the audience to find people that are honest and good in their lives. She ends her speech by getting into a little basket covered in fairy lights and flies through the crowd, serenading the crowd with Delicate.

4. Shake It Off

I don’t know about you, but we can never help but have a good dance when Shake It Off comes on, and tonight wasn’t any different. With her colourful sequin dress, Taylor matched the crowd perfectly when all the lights from the bracelets turned multi coloured. The song was made even more special when Charli XCX and Georgia from Broods came on stage to sing alongside her. It really showed that Taylor’s message of women supporting women was strong as ever.

5. I’m Only Me When I’m With You

Any longtime Taylor Swift fan, will have a soft spot for the old Taylor, even though the old Taylor can’t come to the phone because she’s dead. Regardless, this rendition of I’m Only Me When I’m With You played acoustically on guitar was such a magical moment, almost better than the original. She was only 13 when she wrote the song and hasn’t played it live in four years. This, however, didn’t stop the entire stadium from singing along.

This  could easily be “Why I Loved Every Taylor Swift Song from the Reputation Stadium Tour”. But here are some honourable mentions anyway – Dress, Getaway Car, Long Live/New Years Day, End Game and This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things.