Tram Tracks: Meera

<p>With an excellent publication smuggled into her backpack (it may or may not have been the second edition of Farrago), trumpeter Meera presented an eclectic mix of tracks. Ray Charles&#8217; classic tune &#8216;Shake Your Tail Feather&#8217; is a great get up and go track for the early classes she takes. She backs it up with the [&hellip;]</p>

With an excellent publication smuggled into her backpack (it may or may not have been the second edition of Farrago), trumpeter Meera presented an eclectic mix of tracks. Ray Charles’ classic tune ‘Shake Your Tail Feather’ is a great get up and go track for the early classes she takes. She backs it up with the revered Lou Reed’s ‘Take a Walk on the Wild Side’. She takes things a little bit folky with Australia’s indie heroes boy and Bear and their under-appreciated track from their debut, ‘Golden Jubilee’. The rave kicks in with M.I.A’s ‘Boyz’ but the contrast between this pop track and George Gershwin’s ‘Rhapsody in Blue’ (the final track in her playlist). Her logic is that this classical standard gets her ready for a big day of composition classes. PS. Did I mention how she said she loves Farrago?

Meera’s Tram Tracks

Ray Charles – Shake Your Tail Feather

Lou Reed – Take a Walk on the Wild Side

Boy and Bear – Golden Jubilee

M.I.A – Boyz

George Gershwin – Rhapsody in Blue