Review: Sammy J and Randy Land

<p>I felt like I had been transported back to my childhood – I was so engulfed in the magic of the whole thing.</p>

The reason I’m such a big fan of Sammy J and Randy’s live shows is because it’s an experience that you don’t get from many other shows in the festival (at least the ones I go to see). I felt like I had been transported back to my childhood – I was so engulfed in the magic of the whole thing. Which is a very positive thing seeing how this show is about Sammy J and Randy starting up an amusement park.

If I’m completely honest, I would say that I didn’t necessarily think that it was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. Jokes wise, they weren’t really trying anything new. 70 per cent of the jokes were slightly old fashioned and easy but they really made up for this in other ways. Some of the content was so Australia-centric that it felt so good to be able to understand what was going on. These jokes were the ones that left me in stitches.

But the one real stand out of the show was definitely the puppets and use of props. I couldn’t believe how amazing some of the stuff was. I just sat back thinking “Wow. This is so professional.” If you hate puppets, then this show will make you love them.

Sammy J and Randy Land is 50 minutes of laughs, wonder and amazement. Anyone who wants to be thoroughly entertained, should go see this show.

Sammy J and Randy Land is running in the last week of the festival at the Athenaeum.