Bands & Bevs: Riley Pearce

<p>Up and coming Indie singer-songwriter, Riley Pearce, is the latest act set to take the stage at the University of Melbourne Student Union’s Tuesday ‘Bands &#038; Bevs’ this semester. Currently touring the country, you can catch Riley at 1pm in North Court this Tuesday. Based in Perth, Riley has released a has released a string [&hellip;]</p>

Up and coming Indie singer-songwriter, Riley Pearce, is the latest act set to take the stage at the University of Melbourne Student Union’s Tuesday ‘Bands & Bevs’ this semester. Currently touring the country, you can catch Riley at 1pm in North Court this Tuesday.

Based in Perth, Riley has released a has released a string of alt-folk singles and an EP in the last few years to strong reception and critical acclaim.

Riley’s Triple J Unearthed profile lists his influences as Bruce Springsteen, Bon Iver, Fleetwood Mac, and Jose Gonzalez among others and his music reflects these perfectly. His songs are filled with honest lyrics, backed by atmospheric guitars and raw vocal production.

Riley’s 2017 single ‘ Misplaced’ was reviewed by Triple J’s Gen Fricker as “a heartbreaker of a song” and “well crafted”, and his 2016 EP, Outside The Lines gained him a ‘WAM Song of the Year Award’ nomination for ‘best folk act’. He has had his songs featured on US hit TV show ‘Shameless’, with his tune ‘Brave’ raking up an impressive 10 million streams on Spotify alone.

Love for his music is only continuing to grow, as Riley is set to kick off a round of shows around Australia before he heads over to the UK for six months. Having just finished his latest EP, these shows promise to explore this new material on the international stage of some pretty stellar festivals such as Netherland’s Pinkpop and Live At Leeds.