Divestment for Dummies: An UMSU Enviro Guide

Care about the environment but don't know what to do? Don't worry, 2022 UMSU Environment OBs Chelsea Daniel and Zach Matthews are coming to the rescue.

Grandmother Rose | Blackout Poetry Competition, Second Place

She bends slow, steady, tense my emotions. She could always read the inevitability of my future.

A dark-red-and-white illustration of a teacup in front of a teapot with leaves and flowers coming ou

Content warning: allusions to prostitution and sexual assault

A blacked out poem called 'Grandmother Rose', originally by Elyssia Koulouris. Below the poem is a dark-red-and-white illustration of a teacup in front of a teapot with leaves and flowers coming out of the spout. The remaining words in the poem read: she places me on the table. Her right hand is now a visible discomfort cupped my face and pegged table cloths. her face while I sip the comforting familiarity warms my entrance. She bends slow, steady, tense my emotions. She could always read the inevitability of my future. Discomfort and adjust my posture. she as a little village girl, comforts me. trauma was taken from her she can still remember she was dismissed like an unwanted pest. her desperation turned to a dream, brought her A small smile

Source material: Grandmother Rose by Elyssia Koulouris, illustrated by Yuk Kei Lo Yuki

EDITION THREE 2022 AVAILABLE NOW!

‘After Hours’ will transport you to a land of dizzy dreams and astonishing nightmares... A land where the rules that structure our days are turned on their heads; where stressed students let loose and follow the pull of the moon.