The Mistreatment of Amber Heard

You heard she deserved it. You p u l l e d her a p a r t taking her words and / spitting!! / on her!

Creative
A drawing of Amber Heard pasted over newspaper clippings and translucent outlines of flowers.

Content warning: Depp v. Heard case; references to domestic and sexual violence, misogyny and drugs

You heard she                snorted c o c a i n e                   in court. You heard she threw           human
faeces 
      in their bed.                 You!     heard she referred to him as scourgedwashed-up, burned

(Burn her!)

You heard she ssssssssl     u    r r e d   her   w o  r d   s. You “heard” she was “concerned” when her
“dog” stepped on a “bee.”

(Ha!)

You?                            heard he deserved more. You heard she SURGED in court when asked about
her $$$$ charity money $$$$.

(Cancel her!)

You heard she was undeterred,         using tissues to o̶b̶s̶c̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶s̶. You                    heard that
he spurred her on with                                          assault, murderous texts.

(Absurd, you must have misheard!)

You heard she deserved it. You  p  u   l  l e  d her  a  p a  r  t  taking her words and spitting!!

on her!                You!                     prefer not to                  observe the        abuse and humiliation,

(Objection!)

[but instead] preserve the power by forwarding memes of a woman crying about her abuser, You!

were unperturbed.                   You hurled insults with biting hatred and you cursed her and

when you cursed her, you cursed all women and all girls.

All that demand to be heard.