President's News — 21 March 2023

UMSU Education will be running a series of workshop-style panels in the coming weeks called the UMSU Assemblies.

president

UNIMELB STUDENTS, THIS IS YOUR ASSEMBLY. BE HEARD. SHAPE THE CONVERSATION FOR REAL CHANGE.

Invitations to these assemblies are open to ALL students and will focus on issues around education access and quality. At our assemblies, students will take an active role in shaping these conversations.

It is crucial that students attend UMSU Assemblies to have their voices heard and to participate in the democratic process. Through collective action, students can have a meaningful impact on decision-making at the University. As students, it is our responsibility to ensure that our voices are heard and that our rights are protected. Let us work together to strengthen student representation and democracy at the University of Melbourne.

Sessions:

• Access to Education. 22 March, 2-4pm at William McMahon Ball Theatre.
  • Quality of Education. 23 March, 3-5pm at Yasuko Room (Asia Centre)
  • Southbank Session. Quality and Access. 29 March, 11am-1pm at Fed Hall, Southbank.

RSVP to the Facebook event for the latest speaker announcements! More info HERE.

Light snacks and refreshments provided at all sessions.

Education Public Office Bearer Carlos Julian Lagos Martin
Education Academic Office Bearers Mary Kin Chan & Taj Takahashi
Endorsed by President Hiba Adam.