Staff News #1 – 6 March

1. Update your e-Signatures 2. SummerFest Staff Survey 3. Next Workshop: Wrap it Up (8 Mar)

no-newsstaff

Important Updates
1. Update your e-signatures — Ensure the correct traditional owners are attributed

A reminder to folks to ensure their acknowledgements of country, email signatures, and any references to traditional owners are attributed to the correct lands.

The Parkville campus is on Wurundjeri land – however, Southbank, Werribee, and Burnley campuses are all on Wurundjeri and Bunurong land. Some folks may be referencing the Boon Wurrung people; however, the Bunurong Land Council are recognised as the Registered Aboriginal Party for these lands.

Please update this information where it is displayed. More info HERE.

2. SummerFest Staff Survey — We need your feedback!

How do you think SummerFest went? Your feedback is vital to ensuring that the events we provide meet our outcomes and goals in the future and the needs of students across uni life.

Take 5 and fill it in HERE.

Deadlines / Dates

3. Next CME Workshop — Wrap it Up (8 March)

Tune in to the Events team's information session on building reflection and appraisal of your events. How to evaluate the event through your staff, vendors and audience feedback. More details are in the Whole Org Calendar.

4. CANCELLED — Giving and receiving feedback workshop (23 March)

Unfortunately, due to a clash with upcoming UMSU Assemblies, the "giving and receiving feedback" workshop has been cancelled.

Other
5. Please watch our safe spaces — We've heard that some people are doing the wrong thing

Unfortunately, we've heard that some students are doing the wrong thing and taking things that don't belong to them, or taking with way more than the 'take what you need' ethos calls for in our autonomous safe spaces. Keep an eye out.

If you see someone doing the wrong thing, get in touch with Ciara.

Good News Stories
6. Meet Alice  — A special member of CME Designer Sarah's fam

Named after Alice Cooper for her eye patches, Alice loves food more than anything in the world. She also loves sun patches and talking through 'trilling'. Alice was adopted from GAWS with one of her litter sisters, whom she tolerates (sometimes) and likes to steal food from.

Important: If you know a staff member or elected student representative at UMSU who is not currently recieving these emails, please inform:
communications@union.unimelb.edu.au immediately. 
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
YouTube
Spotify
Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|* *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|*

Our mailing address is:
*|HTML:LIST_ADDRESS_HTML|* *|END:IF|*

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

*|IF:REWARDS|* *|HTML:REWARDS|* *|END:IF|*