Drop In Crafting with Christina Darras

Take a break from exam prep and come along to our open crafting session with artist Christina Darras! Come anytime between 1-3pm on Thursday 26th October and Thursday 2nd November!

no-newswk-archive

What: Drop-In Crafting with Christina Darras

When: 

• Thursday 26th October 1-3pm (RSVP)
  • Thursday 2nd November 1-3pm (RSVP)

Location: Arts Lab, Level 1 Arts and Cultural Building, Parkville Campus (MAP)

Take a break from exam prep and come along to our open crafting session with artist Christina Darras. Bring along your own artwork work-in-progress or experiment with drawing, painting, textiles or printing. We supply all art materials so just come along, relax and get creative!

Christina Darras is an interdisciplinary artist and a jewellery designer. She is of Athenian Greek origin and has studied painting in the Beaux-Arts in Paris, Printmaking at Central St Martins College of Art and Design, and She holds a Master of Contemporary Art from the Victorian College of the Arts. Darras’s art practice expands over many mediums, including painting, drawing, printmaking, embroidery, knitting and installations. Her artwork is a constant quest around identity and non-identity, transitions, language and belonging. Her jewellery is colourfull, experimenting with materials like silver, perspex, and glass. She sees jewellery as an expression of emotions, a state of mind, and a voice. Darras has collaborated through many jewelery collections, with Harvey Nichols, London, Collette in Paris, Barney’s New York, The Benaki Museum in Athens, and since in Melbourne with Craft Victoria, McClelland Sculpture Park Gallery, Wangaratta Regional Gallery, Boom Gallery And Kiitos Living by Design.