Divestment for Dummies: An UMSU Enviro Guide

Care about the environment but don't know what to do? Don't worry, 2022 UMSU Environment OBs Chelsea Daniel and Zach Matthews are coming to the rescue.

“The archives are haunted!”: The Titwitchez are back with Hagademia

COVID-19 has attempted to stop the arts industry at every turn but queer comedy coven, The Titwitchez, have no fucks to give. In their latest production Hagademia, they have to face much more with a looming deadline and sexy hauntings.

The show explores Flora (Emily White) and Fauna’s (Liv Bell) academic thesis at their University of Dancethropology in the year 2320, where they must enter the haunted archive in hopes of meeting their deadline.

White and Bell have perfect comedic timing. The duo bounce off of one another with perfect sync as they invite their audience into a part play, part burlesque tumble through the gender binary. From start to finish the audience are left in fits of laughter as the two dance across the stage, haunted by the archival ghosts.

The Titwitchez performers Liv Bell (left) and Emily White (right). Photos were provided by Lucy Seale.

The costumes and energy were intoxicating. A particular mention goes to Fauna’s banana takeover, where Bell launches banana lollies into the audience and thrusts in their faces. Consider also the inane number of tentacles coming from White’s costume that tickle every question you have about gender and presentation.

And it was easy to feel at home within the show before it even began. Welcomed into the 7th Floor Theatre in Brunswick, patrons were asked for their temperature on arrival, and then invited to sip a witches’ brew as they waited for the show. Every step of the way, The Titwitchez and their team made their performance intimate.

The Titwitchez should be proud of themselves for being able to launch such a sensual and hilarious show that almost didn’t happen. They have fought not only against a pandemic, but the lack of funding in the arts that is embodied by the broomstick board of academics that Flora and Fauna present to.

Hagademia ends and you are left with the knowledge that gender is fake. The only truth is laughter.

You can find The Titwitchez on Facebook and Instagram. Their next show is Business Boyz at the Butterfly Club, running from 4-10 April.

Farrago's magazine cover - Edition Four 2022

EDITION FOUR 2022 AVAILABLE NOW!

Saddle up! Farrago’s brand spanking new edition is here! It’s jam-packed with art, photography, news, non-fiction and creatice writing; and it calls on you to “be the cowboy.” “But what does that mean?” you ask. Well, let the wise words of Mitski guide you… ”What would a swaggering cowboy riding into town do in this situation?”