Tram Tracks: Dan

<p>Wednesday Morning, Melbourne Uni tram stop Massive Pioneer headphones in tow and fresh out of his psychology degree at Melbourne Uni, Dan had a Pitchfork approved set of tracks to get him through his public transport experiences. If you’re after something complicated, Dan recommends post-rock band Swans. He was cranking a track from their new [&hellip;]</p>

Wednesday Morning, Melbourne Uni tram stop

Massive Pioneer headphones in tow and fresh out of his psychology degree at Melbourne Uni, Dan had a Pitchfork approved set of tracks to get him through his public transport experiences. If you’re after something complicated, Dan recommends post-rock band Swans. He was cranking a track from their new record, The Seer, called ‘The Wolf’. He also rates the first track from Air’s smash hit album Moon Safari, ‘La Femme D’Argent’, maintaining that it’s the bass line which keeps him coming back for more. To get himself out of bed, Australian indie-folk band Twerps were a must for Dan, but it’s another local outfit he can’t stop playing. Tame Impala have captivated the nation with their synth-drenched sophomore release,Lonerism. ‘Elephant’ is his stand out track from the record. If you haven’t heard it, and therefore have not seen the light of day for 12 months, get amongst it.

Swans – ‘The Wolf’

Air – ‘La Femme D’Argent’

Twerps – “Their album” says Dan. I recommend ‘Dreamin’

Tame Impala – ‘Elephant’