Batman By-Election Coverage

<p>Welcome to Farrago’s coverage of the Batman by-election. </p>

Welcome to Farrago’s coverage of the Batman by-election. A by-election was triggered in the seat of Batman due to the resignation of Labor MP David Feeney, who was caught up in the citizenship saga. The Batman electorate is in Melbourne’s north, and includes the suburbs of Alphington, Clifton Hill, Fairfield, Kingsbury, Northcote, Preston, Reservoir, and Thornbury; and parts of Bundoora, Coburg North, Macleod, and Thomastown. The two main candidates in the race are Alex Bhathal of the Greens and Ged Kearney of Labor. We’ll be uploading content throughout the week, so keep an eye on this page.

The Batman team consists of Ashleigh Barraclough, Jesse Paris-Jourdan, Monique O’Rafferty, Esther Le Couteur, Martin Ditmann, Alain Nguyen, Maggy Liu, Ruby Perryman, Lucy Williams, Yan Zhuang, Jasper MacCuspie, Lily Miniken, Wing Kuang, Michael Fowler, Lloyd Connolly, Hugh Shanahan (Polity) and Finbar Piper (Polity).

We’ve collaborated with Polity for our coverage of the Batman by-election. Polity is a new student-run media organisation, which aims to challenge readers’ consumption patterns, and take them outside of their echo-chambers. You can see more of their work at Polity.online.

Key issues: Education
12 March 2018

Profile: Alex Bhathal
14 March 2018

Alex Bhathal as a university student

Key issues: Healthcare
14 March 2018

Key issues: Environment
15 March 2018

Key issues: Adani
16 March 2018

Candidate Rundown
16 March 2018

Facebook Live Coverage
16 March 2018

“Facebook