Under The Coverslip

<p>Every year The Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience hold a microscope imagining competition called Under the Coverslip. This exhibition is built on the notion that science is more than just graphs and figures; that there is undiscovered beauty beneath the microscope that can be appreciated by everyone. Roots—an entire lung in the very early stages [&hellip;]</p>

Art

Every year The Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience hold a microscope imagining competition called Under the Coverslip. This exhibition is built on the notion that science is more than just graphs and figures; that there is undiscovered beauty beneath the microscope that can be appreciated by everyone.

Roots—an entire lung in the very early stages of its development. As it grows, roots will eventually thin and multiply into the intricate structure of airways that form an adult lung. This is used to investigate which genes impact healthy development.
Casey Ah-Cann

Gazing Into The Astrocytic Abyss—astrocytes are the star-shaped cells of the brain that provide support to the neurons. An active area of research addresses how astrocytes modulate how neurons communicate.
Alistair Cole

Under the sea—the sciatic nerve is the largest single nerve in the body, which has made it very useful for investigating how quickly neurons can send a message.

Golden Egg—the adrenal gland secretes hormones responsible for several essential biological functions.
Horace Chan