New GSA Team Announced

<p>Changes to the Graduate Student Association staffing have been announced on 1 June, including newly appointed elected representatives and permanent staff. On the evening of 31 May, the Graduate Student Association Office Bearer elections were held. Sina Khatami and Thomas Whiteside have been re-elected as President and General Secretary respectively. Alongside them are a new team of [&hellip;]</p>

Changes to the Graduate Student Association staffing have been announced on 1 June, including newly appointed elected representatives and permanent staff.

On the evening of 31 May, the Graduate Student Association Office Bearer elections were held.

Sina Khatami and Thomas Whiteside have been re-elected as President and General Secretary respectively. Alongside them are a new team of office bearers. All office bearers are derived from the newly elected GSA council confirmed on 23 May.

GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION OB ELECTION RESULTS

President Sina Khatami (re-elected)
Vice President Eleni McIlroy
General Secretary Thomas Whiteside (re-elected)
Activities Officer Bradley Knight
Committees Officer Eva Birch
Education & Research Officer Lida Rashidi & Lin Zhang
Family Officer Smriti Ghimire
International Officer Lida Rashidi
LGBTIQ Officer Eva Birch
Publications Officer Bren Carruthers
Women’s Officer Georgia Daly

The GSA executive will comprise Khatami, McIlroy, Whiteside, Rashidi, Catherine Cheng and former GSA President Jim Smith.

Simon Napthine, GSA General Manager, has also informed Farrago that Andrew Cameron will be his replacement effective from 4 July. In a statement provided by the GSA, it is noted that Cameron’s current role is General Manager, Operations at Victoria non-profit, Doxa.

“After an extensive and thorough search process Andrew was the unanimous choice of the GSA Executive. We were impressed by his breadth of management experience, his vision for student led organisations, and his strong personal values that we believe will make him a good leader of the GSA staff and capable of working with the wide range of GSA stakeholders,” says Khatami in a statement.

Napthine will be leaving the GSA after being appointed as corporate services provider, Melbourne University Student Union Limited.