State Electorate Profile: Brunswick

Abbey Saxon gives you the political rundown on Melbourne's most (in)famous inner-northern suburb.

Why the Left Sucks: An Inquiry into Campus’s Most Hated Political Group

It is no exaggeration to say that The University of Melbourne is one of the largest breeding grounds for leftist thought in the country. For those of us who have been on campus–walked past the columns

Grandmother Rose | Blackout Poetry Competition, Second Place

She bends slow, steady, tense my emotions. She could always read the inevitability of my future.

A dark-red-and-white illustration of a teacup in front of a teapot with leaves and flowers coming ou

Content warning: allusions to prostitution and sexual assault

A blacked out poem called 'Grandmother Rose', originally by Elyssia Koulouris. Below the poem is a dark-red-and-white illustration of a teacup in front of a teapot with leaves and flowers coming out of the spout. The remaining words in the poem read: she places me on the table. Her right hand is now a visible discomfort cupped my face and pegged table cloths. her face while I sip the comforting familiarity warms my entrance. She bends slow, steady, tense my emotions. She could always read the inevitability of my future. Discomfort and adjust my posture. she as a little village girl, comforts me. trauma was taken from her she can still remember she was dismissed like an unwanted pest. her desperation turned to a dream, brought her A small smile

Source material: Grandmother Rose by Elyssia Koulouris, illustrated by Yuk Kei Lo Yuki

Farrago's magazine cover - Edition Five 2022

EDITION SIX 'RETROFUTURISM' AVAILABLE NOW!

Our last print edition of 2022 is here! This wild, visionary edition is filled with burning nostalgia, glittering hope, and tantalising visions of the future, past, and present.