UniMelb Vax Mandate FAQ

Everything you need to know about the University's recent vaccination validation deadline.

UMSU have been receiving lots of messages from students about the recent vaccination validation deadline.

We know this is a very time sensitive and stressful issue to be dealing with.

As you know, this information about class deallocation was only communicated by the University at very late notice, and disappointingly, we had no prior warning. UMSU has been working frantically over the past 48 hours to try and get further information from the University on this critical issue.

We understand the University intends to reallocate all students to on campus classes once vaccination validation is complete, but we also know that some Faculties and Schools have concerns about being able to manage this process, so we recommend you keep reaching out to Stop 1 and your Faculty Academic Support Offices as you need to.

We also recommend you keep an eye on this page for any updates. We have been advised this is where critical updates will be provided for students.

We are continuing to liaise with the University to obtain as much information as possible, and to ensure students are not unfairly disadvantaged as a result of these late announcements and requirements.

For the avoidance of doubt, the University will not be allowing any students onto campus who have not met the vaccination requirements, as this is a key component of their return-to-campus plan. If you require urgent access to campus while you are waiting for your vaccination documents to be approved, you should contact Stop 1 for support.

If you are an International student, we understand that you were previously only able to submit the relevant paperwork upon arrival in Australia, as it required providing verification from an Australian medical professional. However, we understand this has now been changed, which should enable you to immediately submit the relevant documents to fulfil the University’s vaccination requirements to attend campus.

To that end, as a matter of urgency, you should submit your Australian Travel Declaration Form and your International COVID Vaccine certificate here.

We understand that if you submit the relevant documents today (25 February), then you should not be deallocated from your classes. This is separate to being approved to attend campus, and you will need to wait until your vaccination verification documents have been accepted before you attend campus.

As we are not part of the University we have no access to your student records, so we cannot check whether you have complied with the requirements or not. To check the status of your application, or to make any changes to your enrolment records so they match your vaccination records, you need to contact Stop 1.

We hope this clarifies for now, but if you have any further questions or have any issues with this process, we would urge you to contact the UMSU Advocacy Service for support here.