Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival Coverage

<p>Welcome to the coverage of VAMFF this year: from photography to comedic reviews, our writers sat in the front rows to get you the fashion coverage you&#8217;ve been wanting all along.</p>

Welcome to the coverage of VAMFF this year: from backstage photographs to comedic reviews, our writers sat in the front rows to get you the fashion coverage you’ve been wanting from your student mag all along.

I am not sure if I was ready for the Equinox, but I want to be—A review of Remuse: Equinox V.

Alexandra Teuben has “always seen [her] relationship to clothes as mode of visual expression that is personal, performative and at times a kind of artifice. This perception was challenged by Remuse, a Melbourne based label, and their trans-seasonal presentation Equinox V, which called me to think about how fashion can be about authenticity, and connection.”

Gallery: Ryder Runway

Our photographer Caroline Voelker travelled to the Ryder Runway show in Cremorne at the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival and took these beautiful shots.

Review: The Daily Edited—Tips for Succeeding in the Fashion Business at VAMFF

“You definitely need to make sacrifices,” Tran advises, speaking of the effort required to build a brand from the ground, “but I think everyone gets their moment in the sun if you work hard.” Lucy Williams on Alyce Tran of The Daily Edited’s candid and down-to-earth advice on succeeding in fashion.

Review: Fashion Talk 3, Shopping with the Future Generation at VAMFF

Simone Williams on a panel on the future of fashion: is it all-men, intersectional or simply all-AI?

Review: National Graduate Showcase at VAMFF

Xiangqiao Sheng said “Fashion is the art of living beyond living”, and Lily Li was inspired to live beyond the everyday by the beauty and joy on display at the Graduate Showcase.

Review: True Rad Girl Runway Review at VAMFF

Hazel Lee reports and in five words: not your average fashion show.